Key Workers - Harlow - Essex
24 June 2011
We are leading a consortium with Rathbone, ICAN, PPP and Dyslexia Action, funded by the Department for Education, which will work with schools and academies in five regions. This consortium, known as Engage.ED, is focused on helping schools and academies to improve attendance and attainment among young people at risk of exclusion and support transition from year 11 to further education and training.
As a Key Worker with experience of supporting vulnerable young people in school, you can make a difference to young people at risk of exclusion from education, and consequently work opportunities and society.
Responsible for a case load of young people at risk of exclusion referred by local partner schools, you will develop and agree action plans for bespoke interventions. In this way, you will be helping to prevent anti-social behaviour and offending, reduce the risk of family breakdown, strengthen family relationships and promote and empower positive parenting.
- Develop small group activities and workshops
- Work collaboratively with young people, families, carers, volunteers and other partners to deliver good outcomes
- Assess risk, identify issues and concerns relating to vulnerability and risk of harm to self or others
- Support and motivate young people to raise their self-esteem, nurture their engagement at school and help them to cope with their difficulties
- Maintain clear and comprehensive case notes
You must have:
- Experience of working with young people and their families from widely varied cultural backgrounds in a social exclusion/disengagement setting
- Experience of assessing and formulating support plans to help young people achieve learning outcomes and overcome their emotional or communication barriers
- Experience of developing and following consultative intervention programmes
- Ability to engage with young people who have challenging behaviour patterns and attitudes
- Excellent admin/IT skills
Closing date: 8am 11th July 2011
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact email@example.com
No agencies please.
If you’re successful you may be required to consent to relevant checks by the Criminal Records Bureau and the young people you’ll be working with may have a say in your appointment. Equal and diverse, we see the potential in everyone.
As a charity we are keen to reduce our costs and so encourage all applicants to apply online. However, if you are unable to for any reason, please email the contact person on the advert for further assistance.
Applications for this job are now closed
Engage ED - Essex (Harlow)
Hours per week
37.0 hours - Full-time
10 July 2011
19 July 2011
Number of vacancies
£20,796.00 to £25,689.00 Per annum