About the role
We are looking for an Impact and Evaluation Officer to join our policy, research and internal evaluation function. You will play a key role in helping us to implement our vision, mission and values by ensuring we can demonstrate the impact of our work. You will work closely with the Head of Policy and Learning and the wider service delivery team to monitor, evaluate and generate insights from our work to help us comply with contracts, develop effective services and share learning externally about what works.
Community Links is an innovative east London charity, running a wide range of community projects for over 5,000 people every year. We have 40+ years of experience working with local people to support children, young people, adults and families.
In addition to the services we provide to support the communities we work with, we are passionate about sharing the lessons we learn with government and community groups across the country. In this way we want to help drive positive, sustainable social change. There are many other great local community organisations, and there are think tanks and national charities doing comparable policy and research work, but the combination of the two at Community Links is unique.
Who we are looking for:
- Share Community Links’ commitment to making lives better for local people and for using the learning we gain in doing so to help others across the country;
- Have passion for the power of data to help us generate change internally and externally;
- Come with experience in working with service delivery teams to develop and implement effective monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Be confident in your ability to analyse, interpret and communicate monitoring and evaluation information to senior managers, trustees and funders;
- Come with experience from within a relevant policy environment (social security, poverty alleviation, community development, employment support, youth, advice services);
- Be knowledgeable about, and experienced in the application of both qualitative and quantitative impact evaluation techniques in a work environment;
- Be highly numerate and computer literate, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills;
- Be committed to working with the rest of the Policy and Learning Team to foster a learning culture amongst service users and staff, in order to generate qualitative insights into community needs which can be used to shape delivery and to influence policy.
In return, we will provide you with:
- A platform to help drive positive social change at a national level, and to make a visible difference to lives of the people and communities we serve;
- An environment where you are encouraged and supported to continually develop your professional skills;
- A generous pay and benefits package.
How to apply
A full CV and Person Specification for the role is available here.
If you would like to apply for the position of Impact & Evaluation Officer then please click here to send us your CV, along with a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for the role.
Find out more about Community Links by visiting the website.
Community Links is wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services to others.