04 February 2020
Over the last twelve months, Catch22 has supported nearly 400 apprentices and over 80 employers on their apprenticeship journey. At an award ceremony held in London today, the successes of these fantastic individuals and organisations were celebrated.
Marking National Apprenticeships Week 2020, our winners were presented with their award in front of an audience of apprenticeship partners, employers, fellow apprentices and their guests at the ceremony hosted by Lansons.
The Catch22 Apprenticeship Awards recognised the achievements of our apprentices and employers across eight distinct categories.
- Level 2 Apprentice of the Year award given to Rebecca Missons of LED Lites
- Level 3 Apprentice of the Year award given to Zack Jermy of AM Surveying & Block Management
- Apprenticeship Champion award given to Yasemin McClure of KMP Solutions
- Rising Star award given to Chris Murchison of Re-Instate
- SME Employer of the Year award given to Centrick
- Large Employer of the Year award given to Ace Car Parts
- Macro Employer of the Year award given to The AA
- Social Impact award given to Alexandra Russell of HML Romford
Speaking at the awards today, Chris Stoker-Jones, Director of Vocational Training at Catch22 said:
“The benefits of apprenticeships are endless, from allowing companies to diversify and freshen up their workforces, to providing development opportunities for current staff. From adapting your apprenticeship training to the needs of your organisation, to the incentives for recruiting young people… and that is just the employer benefits.”
Chris Wright, CEO of Catch22, further stressed the benefits of working with apprentices in his closing speech:
“We know the benefits of finding excellent candidates and of improving diversity in our organisations – not only is giving a young person their first foot in the door just a good thing to do, both for business and for our communities – but young people have fresh ideas, they have enthusiasm and, when supported, they are your best advocates.”
Congratulations to all our winners – and thank you to all of our apprentices and employers for their hard work and support. We can’t wait to see what the next twelve months will bring!
- Find out more about Catch22 Apprenticeships
- Learn more Vocational Training programmes we offer
- Read our report on Myth Busting Apprenticeships
- Read our Good Employer Guide on how to be an inclusive employer of a diverse workforce