11 February 2022
Apprenticeships can be a critical way of building a productive and effective workforce for any organisation to grow talent and develop. We’ve had so many new employers engage with our apprenticeships, as over 90% of our employer base are brand new to the apprenticeship world.
Marking National Apprenticeship Week, our winners were presented with their awards virtually and were joined by apprenticeship partners, employers and fellow apprentices.
The Catch22 Apprenticeship Awards recognises the achievements of our apprentices and employers across eight distinct categories:
- Property Apprentice of the Year was awarded to Sam Trotter of Plymouth Block Management
- Hospitality Apprentice of the Year was awarded to Sian Tweed of C Restaurant
- Business Services Apprentice of the Year was awarded to Scott Melia of ProDrive
- SME Employer of the Year was awarded to The Royal Oak
- Large Employer of the Year was awarded to HML Group
- New employer of the Year was awarded to The Feathers Hotel
- Apprenticeship Champion was awarded to Amber Dewick
- Rising Star Award was awarded to Emily Daly of Hej! Coffee
Hosting the awards today, Chris Stoker-Jones, Director of Vocational Training at Catch22 said:
Apprenticeships are critical to building a productive workforce. Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any organisation to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to all our apprentices and employers! We’re excited to see what this year will bring!
Find out more:
- Find out more about Catch22 Apprenticeships
- Check out our apprenticeship vacancies
- Read our report on Myth Busting Apprenticeships
- Download our Good Employer Guide on how to be an inclusive employer of a diverse workforce