FACT22 (Families Achieving Change Together)
A holistic, whole family approach focusing on improving outcomes for children aged 0 to 19-years-old who are identified as Children in Need.
Children aged 0 to 19-years-old | Crewe, Macclesfield, Cheshire East
This service strives to achieve positive sustainable outcomes for families with children aged 0 to 19-years-old who are identified as Children in Need.
A holistic, whole family approach is provided, based on improving outcomes for every child through developing strong relationships and including staff training in The Prevention and Intervention Programme.
By using strength-based interventions, the service seeks to strengthen the family unit, instigating change where possible and necessary to reduce factors contributing to concerns around risk and need.
Catch22 delivers this service in partnership with Cheshire East Council. Pilot funding has been provided by the Department for Education’s Innovations in Social Care programme and the service is being evaluated by The Behavioural Insights Team.
- Targeted and intensive engagement for children and families
- Dedicated keyworker support
- Planning, delivery and review of individual programmes of support (Child in Need plans)
- Prevention and Intervention Programme solution-focused approach
- Multi agency coordination and lead professional role
- Signposting and support to access positive activities
- Delivery of parenting groups (Webster Stratton 14 week programme) and individual parenting home coaching
- Volunteer mentoring from adults and young people.
Young people are involved in shaping the service through participation in the recruitment and selection of staff and design of marketing materials. They can also take on roles as peer mentors for other young people. Assessments are participative and young people co-design their support package with Catch22 staff.
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can't refer family or a friend
You can't refer a client
Referrals to this service are received from Cheshire East Children’s Social Care.
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service
A dedicated Volunteer Co-ordinator recruits peer mentors who are matched with children and families with the purpose of facilitating personal development, developing social networks and motivating children and families to reach their goals and sustain positive change.