Catch22 and the Learning and Work Institute hosted a webinar exploring pre-employment opportunities for young people in the light of standalone traineeship programmes ending in August 2023. We asked questions including:
- What is the future of traineeships?
- What worked and what didn’t when it came to the traineeship programme?
- How are young people being helped in their search for quality work?
- What does the future of pre-employment support for young people look like?
Our panellists included:
- Steve Latus, Head of Traineeships at the Department for Education
- Dr Fiona Aldridge, Head of Insight – Economic Delivery, Skills and Communities at West Midlands Combined Authority
- Nicola Aylward, Head of Learning for Young People at the Learning and Work Institute
- Sam Stanyer, Senior Operations Manager for Employability at Catch22
You also heard from young people about their experiences of pre-employment training and participants had the opportunity to share your thoughts and ask our panel questions.