Are you ready to unleash your creativity and jumpstart your creative career? The TikTok Creative Academy: Birmingham Pop Up was a day of inspiration and opportunities that left participants feeling energised and excited about their future.
This free open drop-in day for young people aged 16-24 to attend a specific workshop, network with other creatives, or just pop in for some free food and live music.
Our creative workshops were designed to ignite their passions and help them explore new avenues. They had the opportunity to learn the art of music mixing, and discover how to create and produce their own podcasts and songs! The workshops included:
- podcasting by Capital FM Breakfast Presenter Dan Kelly, and
- songwriting by the accomplished singer-songwriter Tara Chinn.
Our speed mentoring sessions also offered a unique opportunity to connect with top UK creatives from various professions and industries. The guest speakers included:
- Darrell Armanii Amory (actor, comedian),
- Keith Shayaam-Smith (owner of the Legacy Centre Birmingham),
- Paul Steadman (DJ Steadman, dancer and theatre producer), and
- Odd Priest (poet, artist).
Representatives from TikTok were on hand to help young people understand the TikTok Creative Academy Programme and guide them on their way to developing the skills they need to succeed.