29 July 2020
With unemployment rates rising as a result of the pandemic, it’s never been more important to be skilled up and ready for job opportunities.
Our employability services are facing unprecedented demand, with those already facing barriers to work worse affected by the current situation.
Through our fantastic partnerships, we’ve been supporting those struggling to find work – helping them improve their CVS, online job seeking profiles and hone their interview skills – all in a virtual setting!
Barclays and LinkedIn
Over 30 service users on our Barclays Connect with Work scheme, alongside some Catch22 staff members, took part in a free workshop run by LinkedIn. With tips on how to make their profiles stand out to potential employers and make the most of the networking opportunities LinkedIn has to offer.
All service users who took part have been given 12 months of LinkedIn Premium for free and received feedback from Barclays volunteers who reviewed their profiles individually.
- Read more in Barclays blog about how they helping people find sustainable employment through Connect With Work Programme
Barclays volunteers have also run free virtual workshops for our job seekers – on interview skills, the world of work and money management. The interactive online sessions were tailored to the needs of participants and feedback from service users has been excellent.
As we know that those furthest away from the job market are facing a tougher challenge than most. But with the help and expertise of the likes of Barclays and LinkedIn, alongside our personalised employability support, we’re confident we can equip everyone – whatever their background – with the skills and confidence to secure training or sustainable employment.
- Learn more about how Catch22 works with Barclays to deliver Connect With Work programme
Quotes from participants
“LinkedIn feels welcoming…I feel I’m part of a virtual community.”
“It was my first time experiencing LinkedIn and it’s great! There’s so much content online – you can look for work but also read articles, reports and learn new things.”
- We are building an immediate response to the youth employment crisis. Find out how you can partner with us and help young people facing barriers to work into training and employment.
- Learn more about Catch22’s Employability Support
- Read this blog on actions employers can take right now to have an impact on youth unemployment