Welcome to the Restart Scheme, part of the Government’s Plan for Jobs, which aims to help one million people in England and Wales back into employment. People who have been claiming Universal Credit for 12-18 months will have access to enhanced support to find work.
Jobs 22 has been chosen to run the Restart Scheme across East CentralEngland, which includes Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Warwickshire,Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Northamptonshire and NorthBuckinghamshire.
Working with local employers, local government and support servicesbased in the area, Jobs 22 has created a service that gives Restart Schemeparticipants extra help and tailored support by removing barriers tosustainable employment.
How it works
Everyone who accesses the scheme will receive tailored support starting with an introduction to their Jobs 22 Employment Coach, who will be there to advise and support the entire journey.
- Fast connect: Jobcentre Plus refers participants who qualify for the Restart Scheme to Jobs 22 team.
- Activate: Participant meets their personal Employment Coach and creates a unique action plan.
- Energise: Employment Coach provides access to internal and external local support services across four areas of participant’s life: work, skills, health, and life.
- Achieve: Success! Participant secures sustainable employment with intensive two week work transition support with Jobs 22.
- Progress: Ongoing support delivered by in-work coaches and continued support services.
Tools and support
All participants are supported with the tools, technology and coaching they need to jump start personal development and succeed in their job search, including:
- Community Investment Fund
- Jobs 22 app
- Labour market insights
- Participant Support Catalogue
- Participant Success team
Why Jobs 22?
Jobs 22 was founded by Catch22, a British charity, and the Angus Knight Group, an employability provider. Together we have vast experience of helping people access the support, resources and opportunities they need to lead more fulfilling lives and benefit their local communities through work.
We believe in offering compassionate and meaningful support that has a real and lasting impact on people and communities.
Delivering more for local communities and employers
At Jobs 22 we create employment opportunities by addressing the social, economic and wellness challenges faced by unemployed individuals in the UK. We’re focused on our participants’ success, which has a huge positive impact on local employers, partners and the community beyond.
We create bespoke support systems by partnering with local organisations and charities so our participants are empowered and join local businesses with the skills they need to succeed.
And our support doesn’t end when a new job contract is signed. The Jobs 22 approach offers continued services to participants beyond their start date so employers can trust their new employee is supported with everything they need to deliver in their new role.