Catch22 has launched a cross-sector partnership to nurture new and emerging tech solutions in the social impact space. The GoodTech Ventures Community and Accelerator will make it easier for early-stage impact-led tech ventures to design, build and deploy game-changing digital technologies into social and public service delivery.
42% of civil servants believe that their department lacks the tools, resources and skills necessary to utilise technology in transforming public service delivery a recent government report has revealed. This programme will support founders to scale their ventures and navigate the complexities of social invocation, in turn facilitating digital innovation in the sector and supporting more social ventures to thrive.
The programme will be delivered by Catch22 in partnership with Social Tech Trust and Unity Ventures, with over 700k of funding and support from Ufi VocTech Trust, Microsoft and the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.
At Catch22 we believe that digital technologies can accelerate our mission to build resilience and aspiration in people of all ages and within communities across the UK. The GoodTech Community and Accelerator will support and develop the most promising transformative tech solutions to design, build and deploy game-changing digital technologies into social and public service delivery. The programme has two core features of support:
- GoodTech Community – this will provide “always-on” venture support through our open community platform helping early-stage founders prepare for scale.
- GoodTech Accelerator – working with 30+ SMEs to provide intensive innovation and go-to-market support.
Andy Canniford, Chief Development Officer at Catch22 said:
“As we witnessed from the pandemic, innovation and adaptability is a crucial element in effective public and third sector delivery. At Catch22, we are committed to taking the learnings from our operational delivery and building this into our political reform and wider commitment to changing public service delivery for the better.”
David Hinton, Senior Venture Partner at Catch22, said:
“As we embark on this exciting journey with the support of our valued partners, we’re deeply committed to addressing the unique needs of early-stage impact-led tech ventures. This new partnership ensures that we can provide the tailored support, resources, and connections.”
Helen Gironi, Director of Ventures at Ufi VocTech Trust, said:
“At Ufi, we have seen first-hand the transformative role early-stage startups can play within public service delivery. We are really pleased to be able to continue our support of Catch22’s work and the development of the GoodTech Ventures Community and Accelerator.”
Chris Blues, Programmes Director at Social Tech Trust, said:
“We are excited to partner with Catch22, Greater London Authority, Unity Ventures, Ufi VocTech Trust and Microsoft to scale tech companies that are addressing entrenched social challenges. We believe the GoodTech Community and Accelerator with truly enable the benefits of technology to be shared throughout society.”
- Catch22 is a charity and social business that delivers programmes across education, employability, justice and youth work. Last year, our 100+ services supported over 160,000 people to lead better lives across the UK.
- The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.
- Ufi VocTech Trust supports the development and adoption of learning technology to help adults across the UK develop the skills they need for work. We have provided more than £28m in grant funding and direct investment to support over 280 tech-enabled projects.
- Social Tech Trust are here to ensure the benefits of tech are felt by all. We are a charitable foundation that has spent over a decade building the UK’s social tech/tech for good ecosystem. We have directly supported 300+ organisations and 30m+ people have benefited from our ventures’ products / services.
- Unity Ventures work with businesses, entrepreneurs and innovators who seek purpose beyond profit – unifying business activities with outcomes for people and planet.