Camden Mediation and Restorative Service
Camden Mediation and Restorative Service provide and an independent and neutral service to young people (YP), families and providers to support in dealing with intense conflict, and challenging behaviours with a aim of building a positive relationships.
14 - 25 year old | London Borough of Camden only (Camden Residents)
What we do
- We provide a holistic, voluntary and independent service to our YP/families
- We provide a service to YP to be able to rebuild a better relationship with parent/carer
- We support YP to prevent/risk and threat homelessness
- We support the YP to prevent breakdown in there current accommodation
We offer YP a safe space to discuss issues that maybe affecting there MH, community lifestyle, feelings and behaviours.
How we do it
- We provide YP and families flexible appointments and a safe space to talk
- We advocate the YP, in order to ensure that their voice has been heard.
- We support parents to become comfortable addressing concerns with their children
- We encourage parent and YP to sit together to discuss their issues in a neutral space and promote effective communication
- We work with YP to build more resilience and confidence to tackle any conflict or tension in a positive manner
Our service provides open and clear direction for complex YP and families to feel supported in challenging times.
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can't refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
- All referrals to the Service are obtained from Camden Children Social Services Team or allocated Social Worker of Personal Advisor.
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service
Volunteers will be allowed to work in this service providing they have an up to date DBS.
Volunteers would be expected to support our YP in working with them after their service has ended with the mediation service and Social Services.
If interested the role contact Mediation Co-ordinator.