Tackling deprivation and inequality by providing practical support and opportunities to those who need it, whilst sharing learning nationally to generate change in the systems and structures that shape people’s lives.
At Community Links we have a long and proud history of enabling groups of people who support each other to overcome problems, prevent them from occurring again and help each other thrive and achieve their goals. From our base in Canning Town, we apply the learning from our local work to influence and achieve positive national change.
We have been transforming lives for over 40 years and are founded on two principles:
- to find new solutions to old problems, and
- to deliver them with the whole community.
How we do it
Initially geared towards Newham residents, our services provide people with:
- Free expert legal advice on areas related to housing, employment, and consumer law.
- Accredited Debt Advice provided by qualified experts, including Assistance to Pay your Rent.
- Advocacy, support and guidance to Newham residents facing crisis or financial hardship.
- Peer support groups, wellbeing activities and 1:1 befriending through our Mental Health Crisis Prevention programme.
Youth and Employment
- A range of youth and employment services to build confidence and improve life skills in isolated neighbourhoods.
- Telephone support designed to increase cancer screening participation amongst populations who are less likely to take part, or have ‘low uptake.’
In addition to these services, we also run a wide range of events to support the wider community.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service