The Creativity Project
In partnership with TikTok, The Creativity Project is a project designed to supporting people aged 16-24 into a job in the creative industries.
What we do
The Creativity Project will provide industry insight into the creative sector, along with access to creative professionals who will be sharing their experiences and teaching young people how to get a start in the creative world, including how to build a portfolio, how to create a creative CV and how to interview for those positions.
We are aiming to support over 2,500 young people who are not in education, employment or training to get closer to a creative job by 2024.
The programme will be delivered in cities and towns right across the UK including Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, London, Bishop Auckland, Peterlee, Great Yarmouth, Southend and Maidstone.
How we do it
Participants on the programme must be aged between 16-24 and be not in education, employment or training. They will have access to:
- A 3-4 week employability course and guidance through technical qualifications and achieving accreditation, as well as online courses.
- A career coach who will guide each participant to identify their goals and complete a bespoke action plan to reach them; TikTok employees will provide advice and coaching at peer-led workshops
- Access to opportunities to further build their industry specific skills such as virtual work experience, jobs fairs, mentoring and networking events.
- Wider support on mental health or housing issues.
- Access to a bursary which will support participants as they go through the programme, as well as a laptop loan scheme, developed to tackle digital exclusion.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
To make a referral, please complete our contact form.
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service