As part of our Employability Summit series, this webinar looked to unpick the different pre-employment and employment schemes that are available, and hear first-hand from people who have chosen these paths to move into work, and from employers who are actively looking for candidates to fill roles.
Over the last year we have seen the promotion of many employment schemes, from Kickstart to Restart, apprenticeships to pre-employability programmes. There’s no doubt these initiatives will help create more jobs and are important in the recovery of the UK job market. But how sustainable are they – and which routes are best for jobseekers and employers?
Our panellists included:
- Laura-Jayne Rawlings, CEO of Youth Employment UK
- Sam Olsen, CEO of Movement to Work
- David Hale, Head of Public Affairs at Federation of Small Businesses
- Kirstin Stienmetz, Workforce Development Manager EMEA at Salesforce
- Mat Ilic, Chief Development Office at Catch22
- Young people involved in Catch22 programmes