10 March 2021
Catch22 is currently commissioned to provide the following Victim Services:
In 2019, we supported 24,898 victims; 96% of respondents were satisfied with the support we provided; and 99.7% of victims we supported felt that their health, wellbeing and personal safety had been sustained or improved.
THE CATCH22 APPROACH:
We’ve developed an innovative model for victim services that can be tailored to the needs of local communities:
- Our services are centred around the victim to empower them to cope and recover.
- We offer every victim an allocated worker to act as a single point of contact to simplify their journey
- We assess every victim’s needs which informs their individualised support plan
- We provide solution-focused and strengths based support to victims of crime
- We use restorative approaches throughout our victim services and offer restorative interventions to victims to enable them to communicate with the person who has harmed them.
- We work closely with local partners (e.g. Police) and commissioners to provide the best support possible to victims
- We pro-actively bring organisations together to share best practice and improve the support available to victims.
- We involve victims in the design and continuous improvement of our services
- We engage with, and reach out to our communities to ensure we make our support accessible and also champion the voice of the victim
- We draw on Catch22’s experience delivering a range of services including child sexual exploitation, domestic abuse, substance misuse and gangs.
- We hold ourselves to account by measuring the meaningful impact of our work.