The experience that turns no you can’t into no we can
As a national youth programme, over 150 partner organisations come together to form
the NCS network.
Catch22 has worked with NCS since 2010, delivering the life-changing experience for young people in regions North East, North West, West Midlands, East Midlands, South East, South West. To date, we have worked with 33,769 teenagers, helping them to realise their potential and smash their future goals.
What exactly is NCS?
Designed for 16-17 year olds, NCS is a youth programme that runs every summer and
autumn, during school holidays.
The experience is all about emboldening young people, by giving them the buzz of being
an adult (without all the responsibilities). On NCS, participants live away from home and
get a taste for independence. They mix with a new crowd of people and take on exciting
challenges together. The experience helps young people to develop skills that will set
them up for life after school.
Participants then get a chance to use these new-found skills, by tackling a passion project
of their choosing. NCS is dedicated to providing a platform for young people where they
can speak up, get their voice heard and tackle real-world issues close to home.
The experience might last just a few weeks, but the impact? That lasts a lot longer.
Since day one, in 2011, nearly 600,000 young people have taken part in NCS, completing over
14.5 million hours of community action, and gaining priceless life experiences.
Find out more
- North East: Durham County, Newcastle, North Tyneside. Tameside
- West Midlands: Herefordshire, Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire
- North West: Cheshire East (Macclesfield), Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Sefton, Stockport, Wirral
- South East: Bracknell Forest, East Sussex, Hampshire, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham
- East Midlands: Bakewell, Belper, Buxton, Chesterfield, Glossop, Ilkeston, Kettering, Wellingborough
- South West: Bath and Bristol
Jobs with Catch22 NCS
If you are interested in working for a Catch22 NCS programme in regions North East, North West, West Midlands, East Midlands, South East or South West across England, please head to our NCS Jobs Hub.
If you want to get in touch about NCS Jobs please phone 0800 197 8010 or email
Related News and Blogs
- Go to NCS blogs and news to find blogs from NCS Team leaders about their NCS experiences.
If you are a parent, carer or guardian with questions about a young person signing up for Catch22 NCS, please contact our NCS Call Centre:
- phone 0800 197 8010 or
Our opening hours are:
- 08:00-21:00 Monday-Saturday
- 08:00-18:00 Sunday