Three or four-week pre-apprenticeship and employment training programme to support people from underserved communities to access a digital apprenticeship with a local employer within Microsoft’s network of customers and partners.
18-45 | London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester
The programme sees Catch22 find and recruit candidates aged 18 to 45 years old with a range of challenges – from gender and ethnicity barriers, homelessness, mental health issues, school exclusion and disability. It then supports them to access a digital apprenticeship and entry level IT job with a local employer within Microsoft’s network of customers and partners.
Digital Edge aims to understand what can help broaden the opportunity of an apprenticeship and entry level IT job to those who currently face barriers to access the programme, and what support employers looking to diversify their workforce might need.
By the end of the three- or four-week Digital Edge programme, participants should have:
- An understanding of digital apprenticeships and entry-level IT jobs
- An insight into the digital and technology sector
- Awareness of key employability skills
- Learned how to complete a tailored CV, cover letter, and applications for the technology sector
- Developed their interview skills and techniques
- The ability to set future career goals
Once the programme is completed, participants can access ongoing 1-2-1 employability support.
- Download our flyer
- Catch22 Blog: Microsoft and Catch22 have joined forces to help people facing barriers to work embark on digital apprenticeships.
- Employability Support Booklet: Breaking down barriers, developing diverse workforces.
- Learn more about Catch22’s Employability support and programmes.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Service users must be 18 to 45 years old, face at least one recognisable barrier and not be in education, employment or training.
Fill in our contact form to find out more.
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service
The programme welcomes guest speakers (volunteers) from the digital and technology sector to share their career journey with the service users. Please email the Service Manager for more details.