Catch22 Housing Intervention Project (CHIP)
A practical and hands on intensive support programme for tenants of Colchester Borough Homes, COLNE and Tendring District Council.
Colchester Borough Homes
COVID-19 and your well being
If you use our service and are feeling worried about how Covid-19 (the Corona Virus) will affect you and the service we provide please know that you are not alone and we are doing everything we can to help you stay safe and supported during this time.
Whilst our community sports sessions have currently stopped, we will continue to update our social media pages with any updates and useful advice that we feel may be of benefit. The project team can also still be contacted during this time.
If you would like to find out the most current information and advice about what actions the public are being advised to take please visit the government advice website.
Catch22 Housing Intervention Project
Service Users will generally be at risk of eviction or experiencing difficulties that are impacting on their tenancy and or the local community. The project supports both families and vulnerable individuals, seeking to address the root causes of their presenting issues.
Information, advice and guidance is provided to:
- reduce re-offending and anti-social behaviour by improving resilience and access to public services
- address relationship issues and support service users to address the underlying causes of behaviours
- tackle violence, mental health and drug/alcohol issues to reduce the impact of chaotic lifestyles
- support parents to adopt ‘positive parenting’ techniques and enhance their child’s school attendance and attainment.
Service users are encouraged to take an active role in the planning and delivery of the service, with the aim of enabling them to sustain positive change and manage future issues in a productive way.
Support is provided to individuals who:
- are at risk of eviction due to anti-social behaviour and/or rent arrers
- have a child who is at risk of being taken into care
- impact the local community with their substance misuse
- have a child who is at risk of being or who has been excluded from school
- have a child with low attainment or attendance at school.
Service user feedback
“Catch 22 are very good and helpful. Without the support I wouldn’t have been able to do what I needed to”
“Great support from support workers – they do their jobs really well and I am very grateful”
“Helped my confidence massively and got my money and rent back on track”
“Support worker gave me advice and listened to me. I didn’t feel so alone. She helped me see that I didn’t want my children to grow up like I did. Thank you”
“Support worker came to me when I was bad, I couldn’t stop crying, I couldn’t cope. I had no school for my boys, no GP. I was so alone. Now I can look after my boys. I know I am a good mummy, My flat is a home and I can cope with the future. I don’t believe in myself yet but I am getting there.”
“Support worker helped me see the best when I had only seen the worst, I couldn’t have done this without you.”
Delivered in partnership with
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can't refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service