The Southwark Care Leavers Partnership
We have a unique opportunity to help support care leavers with Catch22 and Southwark Council.
16 - 25 | Southwark
What is the Care Leavers Partnership
Southwark Council and Catch22 have been working in partnership since May 2017, with the aim of designing and testing new ways of working to support the borough’s care leavers.
This project is known as the Care Leavers Partnership (CLP) and has been funded by the Department for Education’s Children’s Social Care Innovation Fund until March 2020.
The Care Leavers Partnership is built on a set of core beliefs:
- Services must be designed by the people who use them and work in them
- New ways of working must enable more joined-up relationships between Council services e.g. housing, education, health
- Southwark is a vibrant community with lots to offer young people; we must tap into the resources of the community and work closely with local organisations
What are we doing?
We are working alongside young people, staff and partners to co-design new elements of the service to try out.
Examples of the approaches we are piloting include:
- A programme of targeted group work activities, aimed at reducing isolation
- More effective ways of communicating with staff and young people
- Employing a coordinator to help young people re-engage with their family and friend networks
- A new therapeutic framework for working with young people
How will we know if it is working?
The work is being independently evaluated so that we understand how our work is making a difference and get it right for young people leaving care.
Sustainability is key to the success of the project which is why are continuously reflecting on which parts are working well so that we can make long term plans.
Our aim is to also to develop good practice to be shared with other areas of the country striving to improve the lives of care leavers.
Find out more
If you would like more information about the CLP, or would like to get involved in our work, please contact:
Amanda Chandler, Head of Southwark Care Leavers Partnership at
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can't refer family or a friend
You can't refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service