The Hive is a free mental health and wellbeing service that supports all young people aged 16 to 24 in Camden. Based at The Hive in Camden, we support young people with mental health, personal development, health and wellbeing, sexual health, employment and education and substance misuse.
16 to 24-year-olds | Camden, North London
Service announcement (12th May 2021):
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have decided to close the waiting list for new 121 signpostings. We anticipate that this will only be for a short time.
Please remember that our Hive Hub is available in the meantime – please see below. This can be accessed by any young person aged 16 to 24 from Camden. There is no waiting list for the hub service.
If you are not a mental service signposting or you are a young person self-accessing and require mental health support, please ask the advice from the young person’s GP.
This decision has been hard to make and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We are hoping it won’t be long before things resume – please keeping looking at our website or get in touch to check when our 121 waiting list has reopened.
Catch22’s The Hive is a mental health and wellbeing service that supports all young people aged 16 to 24 in Camden.
We listen and ensure that young people’s voice is heard and provide help and advice on matters such as: mental health, personal development, health and wellbeing, sexual health, employment and education, substance misuse and assisting to access other services if appropriate.
We achieve this by…
- Mentoring with a focus on emotional, mental & physical health and practical skills.
- Working towards setting and achieving clear goals that you decide on.
- Working around your schedule where/when you want to meet.
- Providing a safe space to meet new people, socialise and feel free to be yourself.
- Hosting free activities and workshops (e.g. yoga, pool table & fitness); use the study space or just hang out and relax with free food and WiFi.
- Linking up with other services on site (e.g. Pulse, FWD and Employability)
Sexual Health Clinic:
- Offering free full screenings, contraception and sexual advice with a Nurse every Thursday for young people aged 13 – 25
The Hive promises you…
- To be friendly, supportive, welcoming, empathic and non-judgemental
- To help keep you safe
- Not to give up on you and to keep trying
- To always keep young people at the centre of the service
If you use our service and are feeling worried about how Covid-19 (the Corona Virus) will affect you and the service we provide please know that you are not alone and we are doing everything we can to help you stay safe and supported during this time. New young people can still access our service – please get in touch with us.
If you would like to find out the most current information and advice about what actions the public are being advised to take please visit the government advice website: www.gov.uk/coronavirus or get in touch with us at the number listed on this page.
The Hive is now open and back on site Monday to Friday from 10am to 7pm:
121 Mentoring Support:
- Staff will be available to answer calls onsite and hold face-to-face 1-2-1 (by appointment).
- Face-to-Face Social Hub – Tuesday and Wednesday from 4pm – 7pm: no prior booking is required.
- The Social Hub will have an Advisor from Spear that will support you with employment support, CV building, interview techniques and more.
- The Hive is also offering free 121 guitar lessons every Tuesday.
Please email us to find out more or to receive our activity programme:
Sexual Health Clinic
Appointments are available to young people aged 13-25 every Thursday with the Nurse at 1.45pm, 2.30pm, 3.15pm, 4.00pm and 4.15pm.
To book an appointment with the Sexual Health Clinic, please call The Hive on 020 3198 0520.
- The Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- The Anna Freud Centre
- The Brandon Centre
- The Winch
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Please give us a call on the numbers above or send us an email.
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service
Please contact us for details.