Surrey Young People’s Substance Misuse Service
Catch22 Surrey Young people’s Substance Misuse Service (SYPSMS) is a county-wide specialist treatment service for young people aged up to 25. We offer free and confidential advice and support.
11 to 25-years-old | Surrey
Who we are
Catch22 Surrey Young people’s Substance Misuse Service (SYPSMS) is a county-wide specialist treatment service, offering; one-to-one support to young people and their families, a 24 hour help line, counselling and pharmacological support, as part of a tailored recovery approach for young people aged 11 to 25-years-old successfully delivering positive outcome for the young people we work with.
Young people are at the centre of all we do. We ensure the young person knows they will be listened to at all times. We work with young people at their pace, in an environment where they are comfortable – we don’t expect them to travel to us. We also offer volunteering opportunities.
How we help
- One- to-one support to young people and their families
- Outreach and creative engagement in the community
- 24/7 hour help line – 0800 622 6662 providing help and support when you need it.
- Psychosocial support and access to pharmacological support
- A quick response to contact and referrals
- Access to needle exchange
- A tailored recovery approach
- Specialist support for mental health, emotional health and wellbeing
- Transitional support to adult services
We also provide; targeted support, training, consultation advice and guidance to professionals, as well as additional support in Surrey through our Music to My Ears Emotional Health and Wellbeing Project.
Catch22 have a history of close positive partnership working with Surrey children and families Services, criminal exploitation services, education, housing, A&E’s, treatment providers, police and other agencies across Surrey ensuring young people get the right support they need, when they need it.
What we have achieved in the past year:
- Provided one-to-one support for over 319 young people.
- 85% of young people entering structuring treatments left with positive outcomes (having significantly reduced or stopped using drugs or alcohol).
- 88% of young people who engaged with our service stayed with us to achieve their goals.
Young people say
“For me Catch22 is the one thing that has helped me.”
“I feel like I have 100% ownership over my treatment. My support worker is great and I have a really good relationship with her. Catch22 has really helped me turn my life around.
“I learned so much about myself through having the support with Catch22. My worker and I talked about what I have been going through he listened to me and never judged me; it was a safe place for me to really talk about how I was feeling. He made me feel that I was worth so much more than I thought I was at this time of my life. …..I now have a plan for my future and I am going onto college in September to study health and social care. I hope to fulfil my dreams of travelling and to become a psychiatrist”
- Download our screening and referral tool
- What is Xanax?
- What is Lean?
- Find out about our substance misuse services
- Leaflet for young people
- Leaflet for referrers
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Anyone can refer to this service, including young people themselves. Referring is simple:
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service
Volunteers play an important role in the service. Please contact if you are interested in volunteering.