Surrey Young People’s Substance Misuse Service
A county-wide specialist treatment service offering an emergency crisis line and counselling and pharmalogical support as part of a tailored recovery approach.
11 to 21-years-old | Surrey
A multi-professional team of specialist support workers provides a range of support including:
- whole-family work
- A&E link work
- a 24/7 emergency referral and crisis line for young people
- specialist prescribing and pharmacological support for rapid response for prescribing needs
- a ‘harm-reduction’ approach that informs young people about the effects of drug and alcohol misuse and the risks involved
- individually tailored help, based on an assessment of each young person’s needs
- specialist support for mental health problems
- access to prescribing and needle exchange services
- alternative therapies, such as acupuncture
- access to mentors, aftercare and recovery support
- transitional support to adult services
- additional support for care leavers and those with learning difficulties or disabilities up to the age of 25
- volunteering opportunities.
Involving young people
Young people are at the centre of all we do. We ensure the young person knows they will be listened to at all times. We work with young people at their pace, in an environment where they are comfortable – we don’t expect them to travel to us. We also offer volunteering opportunities.
Leaflets and posters
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Anyone can refer to this service, including young people themselves. Referring is simple:
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service
Volunteers play an important role in the service. Please contact if you are interested in volunteering.