Surrey Young People’s Substance Misuse Service
Catch22 Surrey Young people’s Substance Misuse Service (SYPSMS) is a county-wide specialist treatment service for young people aged up to 25. We offer free and confidential advice and support.
11 to 25-years-old | Surrey
COVID-19 and your wellbeing
If you use our service and are feeling worried about how Covid-19 (the Corona Virus) will affect you and the service we provide please know that you are not alone and we are doing everything we can to help you stay safe and supported during this time.
Our face-to-face sessions have now resumed. However, we can also provide support via telephone and video calling and are doing everything we can to ensure your treatment is continued, and that you feel supported during this difficult time.
If you would like to find out the most current information and advice about what actions the public are being advised to take please visit the government advice website: Visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Who we are
Catch22 Surrey Young people’s Substance Misuse Service (SYPSMS) is a county-wide specialist treatment service, offering; one-to-one support to young people and their families, a 24 hour help line, counselling and pharmacological support, as part of a tailored recovery approach for young people aged 11 to 25-years-old successfully delivering positive outcome for the young people we work with.
Young people are at the centre of all we do. We ensure the young person knows they will be listened to at all times. We work with young people at their pace, in an environment where they are comfortable – we don’t expect them to travel to us. We also offer volunteering opportunities.
Visit our webpage for young people
We have created a new webpage for parents and young people with more information about the support we provide and downloadable resources.
You can contact us at the details below or fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
How we help
- One- to-one support to young people and their families
- Outreach and creative engagement in the community
- Out of hours helpline – 0800 622 6662 providing help and support when you need it.
- Psychosocial support and access to pharmacological support
- A quick response to contact and referrals
- Access to needle exchange
- A tailored recovery approach
- Specialist support for mental health, emotional health and wellbeing
- Transitional support to adult services
We also provide; targeted support, training, consultation advice and guidance to professionals, as well as additional support in Surrey through our Music to My Ears Emotional Health and Wellbeing Project.
Catch22 have a history of close positive partnership working with Surrey children and families Services, criminal exploitation services, education, housing, A&E’s, treatment providers, police and other agencies across Surrey ensuring young people get the right support they need, when they need it.
What we have achieved in the past year:
- Provided one-to-one support for over 319 young people.
- 85% of young people entering structuring treatments left with positive outcomes (having significantly reduced or stopped using drugs or alcohol).
- 88% of young people who engaged with our service stayed with us to achieve their goals.
Young people say
“For me Catch22 is the one thing that has helped me.”
“I feel like I have 100% ownership over my treatment. My support worker is great and I have a really good relationship with her. Catch22 has really helped me turn my life around.
“I learned so much about myself through having the support with Catch22. My worker and I talked about what I have been going through he listened to me and never judged me; it was a safe place for me to really talk about how I was feeling. He made me feel that I was worth so much more than I thought I was at this time of my life. …..I now have a plan for my future and I am going onto college in September to study health and social care. I hope to fulfil my dreams of travelling and to become a psychiatrist”
- Download our screening and referral tool
- Information for Young People (2020)
- Find out about our substance misuse services
- Leaflet for young people
- Leaflet for referrers
Drug information resources
- What is Xanax? leaflet
- What is Lean? leaflet
- What is MDMA? leaflet
- What is NPS? leaflet
- What is Ketamine? leaflet
- What is Cocaine? leaflet
- What is Cannabis? leaflet
External links and other resources
- Health Talk
- Talk to Frank
- Young minds
- Mindsight Surrey CAMHS
- Emotional Support Leaflet (Children and Young People)
- Step by Step
- Relate – West Surrey
- Surrey Council Family information service
- Kooth Mental wellbeing service
Please fill out the relevant referral form below and return it to us by email and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible. If it is urgent, contact us on the details below.
How we manage your data
We manage the data you provide in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Data Controller (the organisation that determines how your data is managed) is Catch22. Contact us if you have a query about how your data is managed.
- The Data Processor (the organisation that does data processing on behalf of Catch22) is The Bureau.
- We are committed to giving you (the Data Subject in legal terms) an easy way to exercise your eight rights under the GDPR.
- We process your data for the purpose of receiving your message and responding to it under the lawful basis of consent, which you give by submitting the form above. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to contact you at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- We retain your data for as long as you allow us to do so. You can exercise your right to erasure at any time.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Anyone can refer to this service, including young people themselves. Referring is simple:
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service
Volunteers play an important role in the service. Please contact if you are interested in volunteering.