For over 200 years, Catch22 has designed and delivered services that build resilience and aspiration in people and communities. Our approach is based on the 3Ps. We believe people can thrive when they have good people around them, a purpose, and a safe place to live.
Catch22’s Victim Services provide support to adults, children and young people who have been impacted by crime and anti-social behaviour. Catch22 also run several services supporting children and young people who have fallen victim to criminal or sexual exploitation.
“The Catch22 team has a can-do attitude and consistently delivers… They have worked strongly in partnership with a wide range of services and have developed a good reputation across the partnership. I would thoroughly recommend them for the provision of victim services in other PCC areas.”
Catch22 has developed an innovative model for victim services that can be tailored to the needs of local communities. Our victim-centred approach empowers and builds resilience in victims to help them cope and recover from the impact of crime.
Catch22’s approach to supporting victims is underpinned by its wider portfolio of experience in delivering different public services, from child exploitation services supporting children and young people affected by county lines, to substance misuse and gangs services. This extensive experience provides us with a well-rounded understanding and perspective of the multi-faceted and complex nature of crime and its wider impacts.
Support offered by our victims services is free, independent and confidential, and available to victims and witnesses regardless of whether the crime has been reported or not.
We conduct a conversational, victim-led, needs assessment which helps our caseworkers to assess the level of risk and need, and talk through with a victim their support options. Our teams then co-create a support plan with our service users, so that they feel in control of their next steps.
We offer every victim:
- an allocated worker to act as a single point of contact to simplify their journey,
- an assessment of every victim’s needs which informs their individualised support plan, and
- solution-focused and strengths-based support.
“Catch22 has embraced the stated aims and objectives of our victims’ strategy and excelled in the delivery of a number of key areas. For example, their approach to ‘outreach’ has seen self-referrals increase threefold over the previous incumbent.”
What makes us different?
- We draw on Catch22’s experience delivering a range of services including child sexual exploitation, personal wellbeing, substance misuse and gangs support services.
- We involve victims in the design and continuous improvement of our services.
- We use partnerships and stakeholder engagement to upskill and empower others in our communities to increase awareness of our services for potential or ‘hidden’ victims.
- 22,280 victims were supported by our services
- 99% of service users were satisfied with the service they received
- 99% of service users reported improved or sustained health and wellbeing after our support
Listen to Season 2 of the Catch22Minutes podcast. From developing restorative justice to reducing the impact of court delays, this series focuses on solutions which could impact every aspect of the justice sector.