Catch22 traineeships work with individuals in East London aged 19-24 to get the support, qualifications and work experience they need to find employment.
What is a Catch22 traineeship?
- A free eight-week programme that provides individuals with classroom support to get them ready for work and gives them qualifications in maths and english, as well as relevant work qualifications, and work-experience with a local business.
- After the traineeship, you will be guaranteed a job interview and the Catch22 team will continue to support you in your transition in to work.
Who is a Catch22 traineeship for?
- Individuals living in East London who are 19-24 years old, are not currently in work or education, and have no qualifications above GCSE or equivalent
Why complete a traineeship?
- If you are struggling to find work because you are lacking experience or qualifications
To find out for information, get in touch with Elaine Henry , 07717 290578
What does the traineeship programme look like?
The traineeship programme is based at the Catch22 Traineeship office and consists of:
1:1 session with a Catch22 Trainer so that we can understand how to tailor your traineeship to your needs and to best support you.
Week 1-3 you will be in a group of no more than 15 individuals working toward a City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths and English qualification, a Health and Safety at Work Qualification, and a Customer Service Qualification. As well as the qualifications you will be gaining, the Trainers will also be giving you the personal support you need to prepare you for interviews and work.
Week 4 you will receive a qualification that prepares you for the specific type of job you want to get in to. For example, Level 2 Food Safety and Catering, Level 1 Business Administration, Stewarding for Spectator Events, or COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
During weeks 1-4 you will be in a classroom each day from 10am-4pm from Monday-Thursday.
Week 5-8 you will be on a work placement at a business that matches your aspirations.
After your work placement we will set you up with a job interview and work with you to make sure you are prepared and confident going in to it. Catch22 will then continue to support you as you transition in to work.
A few of the businesses we deliver work experience with:
Get in touch with the team for more information or to sign up
Elaine Henry, Lead Tutor
Catch22 Vocational Training, Osmani Trust, 58 Underwood Rd, London, E1 5AW
Get in touch
How we manage your data
We manage the data you provide in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Data Controller (the organisation that determines how your data is managed) is Catch22. Contact us if you have a query about how your data is managed.
- The Data Processor (the organisation that does data processing on behalf of Catch22) is The Bureau.
- We are committed to giving you (the Data Subject in legal terms) an easy way to exercise your eight rights under the GDPR.
- We process your data for the purpose of receiving your message and responding to it under the lawful basis of consent, which you give by submitting the form above. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to contact you at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- We retain your data for as long as you allow us to do so. You can exercise your right to erasure at any time.
- Find out more about our Apprenticeships and Employability Services
- Follow Catch22 on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook