Maidstone Skills Centre
Centre for vocational education and community participation that aims to help people develop skills for life while providing a valuable local resource to be accessed by all
Maidstone Skills Centre is used by schools, training providers and the public – with programmes and facilities catering for all.
The Maidstone Skills Centre provides provision for schools and pupil referral units wanting to offer vocational study for their students in Year 10, 11, 12 and 13. Groups attend the centre to achieve BTEC qualifications with the additional aims of:
- reducing number of exclusions
- improving attainment levels (target 5 GCSEs grades A-C)
- improving attendance
- improving behaviour
- achieving reintegration back to mainstream
- increasing numbers into work or training/education
- reducing offending
- raising overall aspirations and overall connectedness to society.
Qualifications (long courses)
Catch22 tutors are industry-qualified and Catch22 learners as well as young people from the local area can study accredited qualifications.
- BTEC L1 Award and Certificate Business Administration
- BTEC L1 Certificate Exploring Construction and the Engineering Sectors
- BTEC L1 Award Land Based Studies
Hair and beauty
- BTEC L1 Certificate in Hair & Beauty
Qualifications (short courses suitable for intervention)
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS)
- British Safety Council (BSC) Level 1
CSCS Card application on successful completion.
Employability work ready programme
- BTEC Level 1 6 credit Award, Certificate and Diploma Workskills
- CV writing
- Cover letter writing
- Interviews techniques/mock interviews
- Employer engagement
CEIAG appointments with qualifying staff member.
- BTEC L1/2 Award Home Cooking Skills Jamie Oliver
- Basic Food Hygiene
For more information on our work with schools, please contact the Centre Manager, Roma Ferreira.
The Centre hosts a number of daytime and evening classes including a parent and toddler club, a youth club, preparation for the Kent 11+ and fitness classes. Contact Roma Ferreira to find out more.
Rooms and facilities for hire
The Centre is equipped with:
- ICT suite
- 2 construction workshops
- activity hall
- meeting rooms
- café area
- private garden
- football pitch.
All rooms are adaptable for:
- events such as children’s parties
- classes and clubs
- education and training sessions.
The activity hall is available to be hired at evenings and weekends, with other facilities available during weekdays depending on the nature of the hire. Equipment, such as netbooks, projectors, screens and flipcharts, is also available to hire. Refreshment options include tea, coffee and buffet lunches. The building has full disabled access. Contact Roma Ferreira for availability and a bespoke pricing package.
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can't refer family or a friend
You can't refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service