Coventry Criminal Exploitation Service
The Catch22 Criminal Exploitation Team in Coventry provide targeted intervention for young people within the city who are vulnerable or at risk of exploitation, on the periphery of gangs, or already embedded within gang culture.
Under 18 | Coventry
The Catch22 Child Criminal Exploitation Team (CCE) in Coventry has been running since May 2019 and is part of the Coventry Preventing Youth Crime Project. The scheme has been funded to provide targeted intervention for young people within the city who are vulnerable or at risk of exploitation, on the periphery of gangs, or already embedded within gang culture.
Catch22 youth crime support workers work with young people, professionals and schools using a 3-tiered approach
We offer training for professionals to expand their knowledge of CCE and introduce the Coventry Screening Tool and referral process.
- Criminal Exploitation and what it means
- understand how children can become involved in gangs
- the link between social media and criminal exploitation
- recognising and identifying the signs linked to CE
- county Lines and trafficking
- resources and who to contact
Primary & Secondary School preventative work
We offer assemblies and workshops for Primary Schools aimed at years 5 & 6 and Secondary Schools years 7 & 8 raising awareness of criminal exploitation.
- what is a crime
- knowing who they can trust
- gangs and how they may become involved
- keeping safe
One to One intensive support
Children and young people identified at being at risk from CE can be allocated a support worker who will provide intensive support to the young person and the whole family. This support is delivered by a crime support worker who is trained in solution focused approaches, Adverse Childhood Experiences, trauma informed and whole family approaches.
PYF (Positive Youth Foundation) is our partner organisation that offers youth/adult mentors to young people referred into the service. Monthly meetings with PYF are scheduled to go through a matching process where a referral may need the support of a mentor as well as a youth crime support worker. This helps with engagement and one to one support.
- Child Exploitation and Missing Awareness Poster Hub
- Supporting Victims: Content and Poster Hub
- Catch22 Drugs Awareness: Poster Hub
- Blog: Different dangers, same signs: why exploited children must be treated as victims
- Blog: CSE Day 2019: Youth participation- it’s win, win, win
Referral options for this service
You can't refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service