Derby and Derbyshire C.A.R.E.S (Children at Risk of Exploitation Service)
A holistic, whole family approach focusing on improving outcomes for children up to 18 years of age who are identified as or at risk of being exploited.
Under 18 years | Derbyshire and Derby
This service supports children and young people who are at risk of Child Exploitation (CRE) in Derby and across Derbyshire. We deliver bespoke support and interventions to children and young people to build resilience and aspiration, empowering them to take control of their lives and support them to stay safe.
This service will deliver a range of intensive targeted 1:1 support for young people, as well as raising awareness of child exploitation to professionals, young people and the wider community.
- Direct work: flexible, evidence-based, longer term interventions adapted to the needs of each young person to reduce risk and help them cope and recover from the impact of exploitation.
- Bespoke delivery: work with a professional to co-deliver part of a planned piece of work or direct support for the professional to deliver the work themselves.
- Resource sharing: a range of resources can be utilised by other professionals. Catch22 will share these as appropriate and ensure that professionals are confident in their use.
- Group work: Through mapping themes and trends, Catch22 may determine that group work within certain settings is required to tackle low-level risks.
- Early intervention: work with schools and education providers to raise awareness of risks and encourage protective behaviours.
Young people are referred into the service via social care CRE strategy processes alongside the completion of our service request referral form.
Direct referrals are also encouraged and can be sent to Referrals received through direct referral will be considered following a consultation process.
Referrals into the service can be made by anyone but service users must be aware of the referral and meet the thresholds for service.
Helpful links and resources
- CEOP Police UK: Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- PACE: Parents Against Child Exploitation
- SPACE: Stop and Prevent Adolescent Criminal Exploitation
- DDSCB: Derby and Derbyshire Safeguarding Childrens Board
We take student placements from a variety of social care courses both BA an MA through Derby University.
We are currently developing volunteer pathways, to help young people engage within our service at all levels.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can get a placement at this service