Emotional and practical support and information for victims of crime and anti-social behaviour in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Victim First is a free, independent and confidential service designed to ensure that the needs of the victim are central at every stage of the justice process.
Our team prioritise the victim, not the crime, providing emotional support as well as practical help tailored to an individual’s needs.
The service is provided by a team of experienced professional case workers, supported by a committed and highly trained group of volunteers. The aim is to improve victims’ experience with the criminal justice system and associated support services.
Catch22 deliver Victim First in partnership with Restorative Solutions CIC on behalf of Leicester Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC).
What we offer:
- Dedicated Caseworker: every victim we work with is assigned their own a Case Worker. This helps makes the experience of using the service less stressful, and reduces the number of times they are asked to tell their story.
- Tailored support planning: we work with individuals to assess what they need from us. We focus on the level of harm caused by the crime and the vulnerability of the victim.
- Access to restorative justice: restorative justice helps to repair the damage caused by criminality, and gives victims the chance to ask questions and talk to the offender about the impact their actions have had. Victim First only use restorative justice when the victim consents to this course of action and participation is voluntary. Our Case Workers liaise with local restorative justice services, which could include facilitating dialogue with an offender.
Victims of both recorded and self-reported crime are tracked at all points in their journey and given access to information, practical support, advice and where appropriate, referral to ‘cope and recover’ support services.
Our team works with specialist services across the region to ensure that support engages communities that are harder to reach, providing translators and translated materials whenever necessary.
Victims do not have to report a crime to access the service.
Get in touch
- Call us free on 0800 953 9595
- Visit www.victimfirst.org
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service