Inspiring Connections boosts the careers of people experiencing barriers to meaningful work by bringing candidates together with advocates; professionals and business owners motivated to support others to find paths to fulfilling work.
18+ | London
Formerly named The Livery Advocates programme, Inspiring Connections is a personal and professional development programme enabling individuals to gain opportunities, support or momentum they need to take the next steps towards their career goals. The programme works by bringing people with barriers to work, Inspiring Connections Candidates, together with Advocates, a range of professionals and business owners motivated to support others to find fulfilling work. Candidates and Advocates participate in six group-based sessions together that aim to empower our Candidates and facilitate valuable new relationships.
What does the programme entail?
Both Candidates and Advocates must commit to attending six 2 hours sessions, held fortnightly, from the second week of September 2020.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, we are planning to deliver the next Inspiring Connections programmes online, using video conferencing software. If possible, we will run one of the programmes in person from a central London location. You will have the opportunity to indicate your preference for participating online or in person on the registration form. There is also the opportunity to indicate any other IT access needs you might have.
Who can apply?
Our Candidates come from diverse backgrounds, all will experience some form of barrier to meaningful work. You can join the programme as a Candidate if you are out of work, in work and looking to take steps towards a more fulfilling and sustainable career, or need support for a business concept that you aren’t sure how to get started. Inspiring Connections is more beneficial for people who are both motivated to change their circumstances and ready to challenge themselves.
As a Candidate, you will:
- Work with and learn from professionals and business owners who have achieved a high level of success in their fields.
- Participate in a range of sessions designed to identify your strengths, boost your confidence and help you choose a meaningful direction in your career.
- Develop a plan for your next steps and receive support from Advocates in achieving your career goals.
Advocates are professionals and business owners. As an Advocate you will use your experience and interpersonal skills to support Candidates to build confidence, aspirations, and the networks they need to achieve their career goals. To become an Advocate, all you need is a professional story to tell, an openness to sharing your experiences and a desire to support others who may have had less opportunity than yourself.
As an Advocate, you will:
- Share your story to provide Candidates with an insight into what makes a successful career.
- Build positive relationships with Candidates and use your professional experience to provide guidance on their career journeys.
- Work collaboratively with Candidates to build their confidence and support them to form a clear plan for their career progression.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Find out how Catch22 manages your data
- View Inspiring Connections Privacy Notice
- View Inspiring Connections Covid-19 Privacy Notice
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service