16 February 2017
Catch22 will help individuals in Enfield, Haringey, Newham, Islington and Tower Hamlets become job ready through support with job searches, applications and interviews, as well as personal coaching to build motivation and confidence – all while taking into account personal and family circumstances.
These programmes are called Inspiring Families (Enfield, Haringey, Newham & Tower Hamlets) and Family Works (Islington).
Serco and G4S are managing the three-year programme in partnership with a network of experts, including Catch22. The programme will be delivered in close collaboration with the local authorities and the Department for Communities and Local Government, as well as the Centre for Mental Health and the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT). The University of Warwick will carry out research with participants, to aid the continuing improvement of the programme.
To qualify for the programme, an individual must be unemployed or inactive in a family where there are multiple and complex barriers to work including one or more of the following:
- parents and/or children with a range of health problems
- families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- children whose attendance at school has caused concern with school or other agencies
- children who are identified as in need or are subject to a Child Protection Plan
- parents and/or children involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
Asi Panditharatna, Managing Director, Apprenticeships and Employability at Catch22, said:
‘As a leading employability and apprenticeships provider and social business, Catch22 has a great track record in helping people from a variety of backgrounds into jobs and apprenticeships in London. Since 2013 we have supported over 1,000 individuals into jobs and apprenticeships. We are looking forward to building upon our existing partnerships with local organisations to support even more families and individuals into work and to ensure they succeed in their future careers’ journeys.’
- For more information and to find out if you are eligible for the programme: Text/WhatsApp: 07881 913107 (Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm)
Tel: 0203 700 0381
- Find out more about Catch22’s apprenticeships and employability work here.