Catch22 is a strategic delivery partner for the Barclays Lifeskills programme in London, Liverpool and Manchester. Our partnership is a fully-funded socially responsible employability programme that supports individuals who are facing barriers to work, into a job or apprenticeship.
16+ | London | Liverpool | Manchester
Working on both sides of the recruitment process, Barclays LifeSkills provides tailored skills training for people and connects them with employers who are recruiting but struggling to find candidates specifically trained, skilled and motivated for their workforce.
Employers gain access to a unique, but often overlooked, work ready pool of talent that exists in the communities where we live and work.
Individuals with the aptitude and attitude to get into work but are facing challenges, such as a lack of experience of confidence, fewer educational qualifications, care requirements or disabilities, receive bespoke pre-employment support. This helps them to develop the skills, connections and opportunities that can help to set their life path onto an entirely new trajectory. Support is maintained throughout the process and for up to 12 months in-work.
How it works
Receive training and supported entry into exciting jobs with big brand companies or fast growing start-ups.
Catch22 and Barclays LifeSkills provide individuals who are not work ready with bespoke pre-employment support and help them to make the connections needed to get into work.
Advisors will support you to develop skills and experiences to prepare you for work through:
- One-to-one mentoring with a personal advisor
- Motivation and confidence building
- Job search and application support
- CV writing and interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- Training and supported entry into apprenticeships and employment
- Signposting to support services
- In-work support and coaching
- Workshops covering topics such as problem solving and team building, communication skills and workplace confidence, and how to give a great interview.
- Mock interviews hosted by employers
- Work experience
- Celebration event
- Alumni programme
After the programme, we will put you forward for interviews that are a good match for you and we’ll provide you with up to six months of in-work coaching.
Operating on both sides of the recruitment process:
- Identifying individuals who are struggling to get in to work, provide wrap-around support and training, secure a job interview, and continue to give support or any additional upskilling for the first 12 months of employment.
- Building relationships with employers who want to hire individuals with diverse experiences and we fill their recruitment gaps with individuals that we train and support.
As a member of the Catch22 and Barclays LifeSkills programme you can rely on support in a number of different ways:
- Expert advice on how to recruit individuals who have faced barriers to work
- Advice and guidance on designing an inclusive recruitment process
- Pre-screened and prepared candidates for entry level roles
- Additional training for any candidates you recruit
- In-work support for any candidates you recruit
- To have the final say on who you recruit for your business (there are no expectations to recruit anyone, you will always have the final say on recruitment decisions, we just ask for feedback
Get in touch
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service