Barclays Lifeskills is a fully-funded socially responsible employment programme in London, Liverpool and Manchester that supports individuals who have faced barriers to work, into a job or apprenticeship.
16+ | London | Liverpool | Manchester
- Barclays LifeSkills is a fully-funded socially responsible employment programme that supports individuals who have faced barriers to work, into a job or apprenticeship.
- The programme works on both sides of the recruitment process, providing support and advice for employers, and support and training for the employee. Support is maintained throughout the process and for up to 12 months in-work.
- Catch22 is a strategic delivery partner on the Barclays LifeSkills programme in London, Liverpool and Manchester.
How it works
Receive training and supported entry into exciting jobs with big brand companies or fast growing start-ups.
LifeSkills is a programme delivered by Barclays and Catch22 which offers advice and guidance to help individuals get in to work. Many of the individuals we work with aren’t yet job ready so we offer a three week programme that is structured to provide further skills and advice.
LifeSkills advisors will support you to develop skills and experiences to prepare
you for work through:
• One to one mentoring with a personal advisor
• Motivation and confidence building
• Job search and application support
• CV writing and interview preparation
• Mock interviews
• Training and supported entry into apprenticeships and employment
• Signposting to support services
• In-work support and coaching
Workshops covering topics such as:
Problem solving and team building, communication skills and workplace confidence, and how to give a great interview. Mock interviews hosted by employers, work experience, celebration event, alumni programme. After the programme, we will put you forward for interviews that are a good match for you and we’ll provide you with up to six months of in-work coaching.
LifeSkills for employers
What we offer
LifeSkills operates on both sides of the recruitment process:
- Identifying individuals who are struggling to get in to work, provide wrap-around support and training, secure a job interview, and continue to give support or any additional upskilling for the first 12 months of employment.
- Building relationships with employers who want to hire individuals with diverse experiences and we fill their recruitment gaps with individuals that we train and support.
As a member of LifeSkills you can rely on Catch22 for support in a number of different ways:
- Expert advice on how to recruit individuals who have faced barriers to work
- Advice and guidance on designing an inclusive recruitment process
- Pre-screened and prepared candidates for entry level roles
- Additional training for any candidates you recruit
- In-work support for any candidates you recruit
- To have the final say on who you recruit for your business (there are no expectations to recruit anyone, you will always have the final say on recruitment decisions, we just ask for feedback
Get in touch
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can't volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service