Horizons will increase the impact of established Catch22 employability services - helping people overcome social barriers to work such as homelessness, mental health or poor education.
What we do
Working with the support of partners such as JPMorgan Chase, Catch22 is advancing its vision to address the UK employment crisis and empower those furthest from the job market to take a positive first step. Horizons is set to initially help 400 people who face barriers to work into jobs and training.
It is one of the first programmes to address both unemployment and underemployment; where work is either low paid, unstable or without opportunities to progress.
How we do it
Initially focussed on people in London, the programme will provide participants with:
- Support from Career Advisors
- Participants will work with Career Advisors to develop a bespoke, aspiration-based career plan. Support will include coaching, relationship-building and practical support (eg. helping someone access housing services).
- Group pre-employability support
- Participants will work in groups to gain key employability skills: communication; problem-solving; team-working, writing CVs and cover letters; applying for jobs; interview techniques and setting future career goals.
- Volunteer-supported inspiration sessions
- Volunteers from professional careers will help participants understand their roles and what their jobs are like from the inside.
- A menu of technical training options
- All participants will be encouraged to complete technical training courses and gain relevant licenses, where it supports their journey.
- In-work support
- Participants will receive up to 6 months in-work support from the Catch22 team. Participants will be allocated support workers to help them identify any challenges; such as being punctual, adjusting to a new working environment, emotional responses, and accessing the Catch22 bursary for food or travel in their first week, or any training materials they need.
Horizons will also provide access to laptops and connectivity support for young people where digital exclusion presents a barrier.
Referral options for this service
You can refer yourself
You can refer family or a friend
You can refer a client
Volunteer and placement opportunities
You can volunteer for this service
You can't get a placement at this service